SAP stands for Standard Assessment Procedure and is a method of calculating the energy efficiency and energy use of a dwelling. It is from this calculation that an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is created. An EPC is required for every new build and refurbished property, and a design stage SAP assessment is needed to be signed off by building control before you start on site.
Get in touch if you are looking to get a quote for your project or just have some questions about which performance targets apply to your project.
Do you need a SAP assessment and EPC for your project?
SAP calculations are carried out early on in the design stage to ensure that the proposed dwelling is in line with the requirements set out within Approved Document L1A or L1B.
- Floor plans, section drawings, elevations and site plan
- Details of wall, floor, roof, door and glazing construction specifications
- Mechanical and electrical specification (such as heating and ventilation systems)
- Air test results (for new build properties)
- Renewable technology specifications (such as photovoltaic panels or solar thermal panels)
Get in touch to ask for a quote for a SAP Assessment.
Please also see our list of required information for SAP calculations, which helps make the process quicker and smoother